Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Miscon follow up

While I had intended on running several miniature games this year, I ended up running just one, a Strange Aeons game. It went over well with the three players I had. Unfortunately I took no pics, but I will when I run it again at the August game day here in Missoula. I may even take it on the road for Spokane's upcoming game day as it is not too terrain heavy.

What did go over well was my Zombies Ate My Baby!  adaptation of Steve Jackson's Tribes (formerly Darwinopoly) game with eleven players. The play was relatively nonchalant until zombies broke through the defenses and ate half of the tribes children. Yep, half. Talk of annarcho syndicates and fundamentally capitalist systems went out the window as players turned to scavenging in hopes of finding better weapons which in turn led to a collapse of the food system and eventually a life on the edge.

The scavenge rules worked well, a couple of tweaks to the existing rules were made to streamline things, and the notes for next game are;
  • The scavenge deck needs to be balanced. The MRE cards were too plentiful, though they saved the tribe. Make most of them smaller in size and perishable (Food Cache?).
  • a better food counter needs to be made. Tokens slow down the play, but do keep people honest.
  • Removing the breakage die roll worked. To balance it out double 3,4,5, or 6s break an item for a proficient user ( hunter with spear, gatherer with basket) 2-6 for a non proficient user.
  • Pregnancy can be hard to remember - use a two sided token to mark the time.
  • Starvation rule - adults may pay 3 food instead of four but move from strong/average to average or weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment